Best Thermos Flask 2021 – Reviews And Buyer’s Guide
Investing in a good thermos can make your life easier in many ways. Besides saving you the morning rush, a thermos flask allows you to extend the warmth or coldness of your beverages or food to the outdoor so you can enjoy your drinks in your own time. Sometimes all you need to boost your mood is a cup of hot coffee or a steaming bowl of soup. These convenient drink containers have been around for quite some time but now come in several different colours, sizes shapes, designs, and so on.
Buyer’s Guide – Choosing a Thermos Flask in the UK
A good thermos flask can give you several years of service and even add greatly to your lifestyle. If you need a flask for those cold camping trips, see our guide on the Best Tents. It allows you to take your favourite drinks any time, anywhere, especially when on long trips. There are numerous excellent options to choose from when shopping for a thermos flask. They come in different models, sizes, and with varied features. Therefore, if you are thinking of getting one, here are some of the important features to look for.
Do you find yourself wishing for a new thermos every time you have a different need? Well, it’s probably because you tend to look for a different size for each occasion. For instance, if the contents in your thermos are intended to hydrate two or more people, then its capacity would have to be larger. If you prefer something small and light then it would make sense to go for the smaller options.
The level of insulation determines how long the thermos flask can maintain its contents’ temperature, whether hot or cold. There are two major types of insulation; foam and vacuum insulation. The best option would be a vacuum flask as it able to keep your drinks at their original temperature for longer. Vacuum flasks are made with double-walled stainless steel that creates a gap between your drinks and the exterior part of the bottle, preventing heat or cold from getting in or escaping. So, if you need a thermos for overnight use, you’ll have to invest a bit more in a vacuum flask. In addition, a good flask should be able to keep cold contents cold, longer than it would maintain hot drinks.
- Useful Accessories
Depending on how you plan to use the flask, there are several accessories that can come in handy. Some of them include multiple lid options, a long spoon, carry handle/strap, a stainless steel serving cup, a tea hook and much more.
- Attractive Looks
There are many thermos flask models and designs around these days, so you can get one that fits your style needs. For instance, there are elegant flasks, others with sports models, and others with a fun look to choose from.
Your thermos sees a lot of outdoor use, so go for something that can take a few dings without losing its thermo-regulation capacities. Your best bet would be stainless steel options that have solid or protected lids. On the other hand, those with quirkier designs are best used at home as they are more likely to falter with a few blows.
Imagine reaching out for your drink and finding your bag drenched in your favourite soup, coffee or tea. Some thermoses remain leak-free if not shaken about, which means left in an upright position, as their cap and lid designs are poorly made. If you use your thermos in the outdoor, go for one that is leak-proof from all angles.
The Best Thermos Flask 2021
The versatility of thermos flasks allows you to take them to the gym, hiking, camping, to the office, and even away on long trips. Unlike say something like camping stoves. Getting the right one should be able to solve your current and future lifestyle needs and provide you with a huge amount of use for a long time. And, now that you’ve got an idea what makes a good thermos, let’s get down to the best thermoses across the market.
MIRA offers a greener alternative to plastic products that are all about adventure, sustainability and style. The MIRA 960ml is easy to carry and perfectly insulated to maintain your hot drinks at their original temperature for up to 12 hours and keeps cold drinks chilled for 24 hours.
- Sturdy and durable: This sleek water bottle is made of high-quality stainless steel, and finished with a powder coating to prevent rusting
- No leaks. The bottle comes with a leak-proof cap to prevent any accidental spills
- Wide mouth for easy flow
- Overall the bottle is perfect, except that the cap is made of plastic and is therefore susceptible to damage
The Stainless King Food Jar is the best flask to keep food items hot. Its stout shape and the wide mouth make it perfect for enjoying a steaming bowl of soup or even porridge out in the field.
- It comes with a folding spoon
- It’s great for food items as it keeps them hot for up to nine hours or cold for up to 14 hours
- Solid construction
- 50-year guarantee
- It’s a bit small; however, if you think you’ll need a larger capacity, you can opt for the 24-ounce option of the same model
The thermos stainless king flask, 1.2l, is the best thermos flask for those looking for more capacity. It allows you to carry a lot of fluids, enough to share with others. This highly effective flask will keep your contents, hot or cold, at the same temperature for up to 24 hours. Its stainless steel construction guarantees year after year of perfect service.
- Long guarantee
- It comes with a twist and pour spout that makes it easy to pour without having to take it out every time, plus it doubles as a mug
- Prone to leakage
- The cap is made of a plastic interior and a steel exterior, which tends to separate as time goes by
The ThermoCafé Stainless Steel Flask is virtually unbreakable as it’s made of stainless steel. It comes with a twist and pour stopper for easy use, and a 1L capacity that should fit most people’s needs. The double wall vacuum insulation allows hot liquids to stay hot for up to eight hours, while cold drinks maintains their temperature for 24 hours.
- Robust stainless steel construction, that offers durability and sturdiness
- Easy to pour
- Comes with an insulated stainless steel serving cup
- Some users found that water traps inside cup when washed
The Direct Drink Flask, charcoal has a sporty look, which makes it the best option for those who are active and always want a cold or hot drink nearby. Hot temperatures are maintained for up to 10 hours while cold drinks stay chilled for 24 hours. It’s designed to be sweat-proof and stay cool on the outside regardless of what’s inside.
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Light and compact design, allowing you to take your favourite drinks on the go
- Decent capacity
- Prone to leakage after prolonged use
The travel tumbler is the best travel mug that allows you to keep hot contents that way for seven hours and cold drinks chilled for 18 hours. This thermos features a drink lock sealing lid that’s easy to use and stops spills, a tea bag hook for tea drinkers, and an interior and exterior steel that prevents sweating.
- It’s a great mug for commuting
- Great for making tea
- 50 years manufacturer guarantee
- At times the lid retains a bit of fluid, therefore taking it off can sometimes cause a bit of spillage
- Some users found the lid almost impossible to unscrew as it requires a strong grip
The Stanley Classic is another popular and reliable thermos flask. Even though it has been in existence since early 1900, Stanley has recently begun to brand its thermoses to be more hardcore options suitable for activities such as climbing mountains or sailing. The Stanley Classic comes with an effective vacuum insulation to maintain its content’s original temperature for up to 24 hours.
- Boasts a tough, stainless steel exterior
- Comes with two integrated cups that can be used for drink sharing
- Lifetime warranty
- Made without BPA
- Keeps drinks iced for up to 60 hours
- It’s a bit cumbersome, so it may not be ideal for commuting
The Work Series Stainless Steel includes a collapsible handle and a stainless steel cup that are built into the lid. Also, the addition of rubber in the body, handle, and underside of the flask adds some impact resilience to it, which makes it essentially indestructible.
- Keeps contents hot or cold for 24 hours
- Stays cool with hot drinks and is sweat-proof with cold drinks
- Stainless steel interior and exterior that offers durability
- Comes with a twist and pour stopper that allows you to easily pour without having to remove the stopper
- The design is a bit bulky, which may not allow you to stuff it in your backpack
The Arvestrix coffee travel mug is one of the best travel mug UK that you could own (see our guide to the best ground coffee too). This coffee-to-go mug is made of high-quality stainless steel. It’s made of a double-walled vacuum insulation, which keeps your beverages warm for up to four hours and cold for eight hours. This eco-conscious drinking cup comes with a timeless design and a solid stainless steel body that’s more robust and resistant compared to others in the same category.
- Grooved silicone cuff for perfect grip
- Push-button closure that allows you to open and close in no time
- Compact size, making it perfect as a coffee-to-go tumbler or tea drinking cup
- 100% BPA-free silicone cuff and drinking caps
- Easy filling & cleaning
- Some customers found that they don’t fit in all car cup holders, which can be frustrating since they are supposed to be on-the-go coffee mugs
The primary function of a good quality thermos flask is to keep contents hot or cold for as long as possible, greatly enhancing your lifestyle. They can give you more freedom and flexibility with your fluid intake. Some people would even consider buying two or more thermoses from our list so as to have models of different sizes with varying features to fulfil different purposes.
We hope these reviews will help you make an informed decision. Make a choice based on your needs and start enjoying the freedom and flexibility that come with these top-rated thermos flasks.