Best TV Signal Boosters in the UK: Guide & Review
However, this may not be possible for individuals living in remote areas and if your home is blocked from the signal source. Theoretically, digital TV signals can cross long distances without deterioration in quality, but the reality is that weather, 4G signals and obstructions such as tall buildings can affect their strength.
The best way to improve your signal strength if you are experiencing problems is by purchasing the best TV signal booster. These devices upgrade your signal strength from okay to good, and even better.
There are a lot of TV signal boosters on the market, but this article makes your selection easier by presenting the top picks for the best TV signal booster in the UK below.
SLx is one of the trusted companies when it comes to building aerial electrical equipment, and this product can be the solution to your signal strength problems. SLx 27822BMR 2-Way TV Aerial Signal Booster is a unit that will provide all you want in a signal booster with the ability to change gain levels as an additional feature.
This SLx model can connect to two TVs without any problem, and this is where you use the gain control to ensure that you still have a good picture quality and sound. Another important feature is that you don’t have to worry about 4G signal related interruptions when using this device, as it is integrated with a 4G filter.
SLx 27822BMR 2-Way TV Aerial Signal Booster can boost up to 16dB, meaning users will notice an improvement in your signal quality, plus you can easily get channels that are usually difficult to receive.
- Has 4G filtering, which helps in preventing interference from lowering the signal quality
- Comes with a 12 months warranty
- Has correctly sized sockets to enable a firm fit for the coaxial cord plugs
- Offers up to 16 dB Gain Level
- Great price
- It has a short and fixed power cable
Our Rating: 4.8/5
This booster can be a good option for you if you wish to use your antennae for more than one TV without sacrificing on signal quality. A lot of people who have purchased this booster rate it well, citing noise reduction and improving picture quality. Another good thing about Philex 27813HS 4-Way TV Signal Booster is that it has a powerful 4G filter that prevents interruptions caused by 4G signals, meaning it can be the right pick if you live close to a telecommunication mast.
Unlike other larger signal boosters, this product is small and easy to use, ensuring that you can use it in almost any location of the house without rearranging your interiors. It has a decibel gain of 10dB, which is enough for use with more than one TV as long as you use shorter cables.
This unit is can also serve you better if you live in a rainy area as it is not affected by bad weather, but you must first ensure that you have a decent signal because it doesn’t have an amplifier.
- The compact size makes it easy to find a space in your home
- Reasonable pricing makes it affordable to many
- It can run up to four TVs at once without affecting signal quality
- It has 4G filters that eliminate interference and channel loss
- The device isn’t aesthetically appealing
- Does not come with a male to male cable, meaning you have to order separately
Our Rating: 4.7/5
This signal booster beats the rest when it comes to use options. Apart from the digital and analogue TV/radio signals, Labgear LDA101R also offers Freeview, DAB, DVT-T2 and DVB-T HD signals. The booster is also powerful enough to perfectly do the boosting job to either a single TV or several, plus it comes with an improved signal handling capacity to ensure that it provides the best picture quality and resolution on all channels.
The switch-mode power supply is another important feature as it helps in keeping the booster cool even after running for hours. You can, therefore, put it anywhere in your living space without worrying about the effects of overheating. Labgear LDA101R users are also protected from interference through the device’s 45 dB interference protection, meaning you can enjoy all your favourite shows without worrying about decreasing signal qualities when there are 4G devices around.
The price may be higher compared to other cheaper options in the market, but it has a high amplification (18 dB) and all the additional features so that you don’t have to worry about it becoming obsolete soon.
- Up to 18 dB Gain Level
- Optimised to minimise signal noises, which are common in most boosters
- Has an inbuilt class 3 4G filter which offers 45dB of interference protection
- Does not lose signal quality even when using long cables or when used with a splitter to accommodate more TVs
- It doesn’t have a gain control, meaning users cannot adjust to improve picture quality
- The design is not attractive
Our Rating: 4.6/5
This is one of the modern signal boosters in the market as it uses the latest technology and design. One unique feature is the USB cable that enables users to power it using nearby electronic devices easily. This feature makes this signal booster easy to use as you can connect it to your TV’s USB port and hide it at the back of the TV.
The signal booster also has an LTE 4G filter to make it efficient even when there are nearby 4G interferences. Having a 4G filter means that the device users can enjoy strong signals all the time and also get additional channels.
- Comes from a reputable brand
- Easy to set up
- Has 45dB 4G interference protection
- Small size and sleek designs make it easy to hide
- Can be powered using a USB port
- Up to 20 DB Gain Level
- Lacks variable gain control
- Requires the use of another connector if you have to use a power outlet
Our Rating: 4.5/5
As said earlier, SLx is one of the brands you can trust when it comes to AV technology. This third product on the list from SLx can be a good choice if you intend to use it with several TVs. The Signal booster can also gather excellent signals even if you live in a high 4G signal interference area or if you have several 4G devices at home. Its 11dB gain ratio provides a clear signal spread to all the devices connected to the antennae even when using longer cables.
SLx 4 Output is also small in size and has an attractive design, making it easy to set up in all home set-ups, including wall-mounted TVs. Installation only takes a few minutes as you are only required to plug in the power cable to the booster and connect your TVs.
- Easy and fast installations
- Attractive design
- Built-in 4G filtering
- Up to 16 dB Gain Level
- Lacks variable gain control
- It is slightly expensive compare to other signal boosters with similar features
Our Rating: 4.4/5
If you live in a remote area where you have moderate to weak signals, then this signal booster could be the right choice for you. This booster may seem out-dated on the outside, but it is designed to be a bit stronger than others in the market. It provides up to 85 dB Gain Level for stronger signals, plus it is also compatible with a variety of Band II and Band III networks like DAB, UHF, FM and VHF. Users should, however, avoid long cable runs to avoid losing signal quality as it can go as low as 12 dB gain.
- Provides 12 to 88 dB signal gains
- Attractive compact moulded case, which makes it easy to install and hide
- Wideband coverage including VHF, DAB and UHF
- Lacks additional features like variable gain control
- Designed for a single TV use
- Lacks 4G interference protection
Our Rating: 4.0/5
This device is a good choice if you are on a budget and still want to improve your TV signal. With 23 dB gain levels, this signal booster has what is needed to improve weak existing signals and provide better pixilation. The One for All Signal Booster also comes with inbuilt 3G and 4G filters to eliminate all forms of mobile phone interference, which is common nowadays. Another reason why this device got on this list, is that it has a slim design, meaning you can place it on the table or mount it on the wall and it won’t stand out too much.
- Highly affordable
- Small and attractive design
- Has 4G filtering
- Up to 23 dB Gain Level
- Lacks Variable Gain Control
- Only connects to a single TV
- May not be of help if you live in an area with weak signals
Our Rating: 4.2/5
Read next: Best Freeview Box in the UK